Win Mars The NASA Mission Reports Volumes 1 & 2 including CD/DVD-ROM, which includes video and reports (retail value: $70.90) published by Apogee Books. For more information http://www.apogeespacebooks.com/Books/Mars1.html
Submit your answer to the eight down clue in this month’s crossword puzzle to firstname.lastname@example.org Show May Crossword Contest in the subject line of the email for your chance to win! The winner will be announced next month.
1. This comet is responsible for May’s Eta Aquarids meteor shower.
7. During May, this planet is high in the southern sky during late evening setting near dawn.
11. I Eat Green Caterpillars is a good way to remember the four large moons of Jupiter. What does Caterpillars stand for?
14. On May 24, 1543 this astronomer who suggested the heliocentric theory dies.
15. On May 1, 1949 he discovered Nereid orbiting Neptune.
2. May 7 is this day?
3. This Canadian comet hunter was born May 22, 1948 in Montreal.
4. On May 31 the crescent moon nears Mercury, Venus and this planet in morning twilight.
5. On May 10 around 1 a.m. bright moon crater walls contrasting dark surfaces create this effect known as the the Lunar . . .
6. This observatory opened May 31, 1935.
8. An orange yellow star in Bootes. (Submit your answer to this clue to email@example.com Show May Crossword Contest in the subject line of the email for your chance to win. Good luck)
9. The full moon on May 17 is also known as this type of moon?
10. On May 24 this planet will be 5 degrees from the last quarter moon.
12. A bluish star in Virgo.
13. During May, this planet rises around 4 a.m.
- “New” Crossword Site (bigdave44.com)
- Techtimely Interactive Crossword Puzzle-2 (techtimely.wordpress.com)
- April astronomy crossword (theskythismonth.wordpress.com)