I wouldn’t want to beam myself at the point of the big bang because the universe would be less that the size of an atom and I would be crushed.
I wouldn’t want to beam myself before the big bang either since there would be no time or place to beam myself. A little after the big bang would be perfect.
Before the big bang there was nothing.
It was the creation of everything. It wasn’t just an explosion in empty space. It was the creation of everything including space and time, and the universe is still growing today.
So if you’re interested in taking a cosmic ride to the beginning of everything than take a look at some of these discoveries at http://www.newscientist.com/topic/cosmology
- What is the big bang theory? (greenanswers.com)
- Understanding the Universe: What It is and What It Looks Like (brighthub.com)
- There was no Big Bang at the start of the universe, says physicist [Mad Physics] (io9.com)
- BBC Horizon What Was Before the Big Bang (milkandcookies.com)
- Have we found the universe that existed before the Big Bang? [Cosmology] (io9.com)
- How Far Into the Past Can Our Telescopes See? [Chart] (gizmodo.com)
- Blog – Best of 2010: Big Bang Abandoned in New Model of the Universe (technologyreview.com)
- No evidence of Time before Big Bang. (ramanan50.wordpress.com)